Friday, June 20, 2014

7 - Mixing Love with Magic



Soon after the last ghost party, Maia and the twins moved out of the Buckshot mansion, and into the house of her dreams.  She had a large fence built around it to keep out the paparazzi. While she wasn’t a huge celebrity, she was getting fairly well-known as a magician.




While she was redecorating her new home, Maia discovered a dusty old lamp in the attic.




She decided to display it in the foyer, but when she cleaned it up...




Out popped a genie!




“My name is Aashif Salib, Master,” the genie said. “I am pleased to meet with you.  I have been placed in your path by your patron, the Grim Reaper. I am sent to grant you three wishes.  What is your first wish?”

So the reaper sent her a genie to assist her in completing her challenge? That being the case, Maia thought it was a hint that she needed to have more children soon, and for that, she needed a new lover.

“I want the next man I choose to fall in love with me,” Maia said.

“Mixing love with magic is tricky, but I will grant you your wish,” Aashif replied, and Maia felt the power of romance infuse her. 




“Now, the next man you choose will love you.  But,” he warned her, “the rest is up to you.”

“Now, I must rest,” the genie continued, “but you may call on me again, when you need.” And Aashif disappeared, back into the lamp.

Maia hired a babysitter for the twins for the first time since they were born. She went to the park, where they were holding a Simfest. It was a great show, and many of the acts gave her ideas for her own performances.  But the winner of the Simfest was a master illusionist named Steve Cupp.  Who better than another magician to be the father of her next child?

This is who I want to fall in love with me, Maia thought.




And he did.
  
They spent hours talking, and it was like they had always known one another.




Maia saw no reason to wait to become a mother again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! <3