Sunday, August 17, 2014

35 - Summer Moved On

Before the summer ended, Maia decided to hold the celebration of Seth and Bobo’s teen birthdays at the festival grounds.

She brought along a playpen to keep Xena and Xanaia content and occupied.



While they waited for their guests to arrive, Seth and Bobo had a water balloon fight.




Shea and Orin practiced skating.



As promised, Hamilton showed up. 



But before the boys blew out the candles on their birthday cakes, Hamilton said to Maia, “I know it’s Seth’s and Bobo’s birthdays, but I have a present for you.”



“Oh, did you bring me more pictures of my children and grandchildren?  Thank you, Hamilton!”

“Well, no,” he said.  “Actually, I brought you a few extra guests. They’re over there, by the water fountain.”

Extra guests? Maia didn’t know what to think. She could only guess that maybe he’d brought along more potential baby daddies for her to get acquainted with, but surely he wasn’t trying to help her with that, was he?  But who else could it be?

“Surprise!”



By the water fountain stood all six of the sisters Maia hadn’t seen since she was a toddler.  Hamilton, who was indeed very good at finding people and information, had contacted them and invited them to their nephew’s birthday party so Maia could finally reunite with them.

After introductions were made and hugs were shared around, Maia got to talking with them all like they were long time friends.



And like old friends, sisters, and BC mothers, they asked things that new acquaintances usually don’t.

“Sooo... how did you meet Hamilton?”  Celaeno asked.



“Um.  He gave me a ride in his squad car...”

“Ooh, a ride! Were there handcuffs involved? You two are woohooing, right? Are you having his baby?” the others all asked at once.

“Uh... no. Yes. I don’t know, maybe.” Maia blushed as she answered.



“Well, what are you waiting for?  If you don’t make your move, I’m going to have to detain that sexy were-cop for myself!”  Electra chuckled.  “My baby challenge days may be over, but he can fill my fun bar any time!”



Maia looked up and saw Hamilton grinning in their direction.  Good grief, had he heard them? “Can we talk about something else now, please?”



There was so much to say and not enough time to say it; Maia’s sisters couldn’t stay long as they had a night flight to catch.  They quickly explained that since they had each completed their baby challenges, they were going to move to Shang Simla to spend as much time with their mother as they could, and live the lives they would have had the prophecy not interfered. They figured they’d share the running of the Han Family Orchard to start, and after that they could make whatever choices they wanted concerning their own futures.

Maia knew that someday she too would have that option, but for now...



“Mom, can we have our cakes soon?” Seth begged.

For now, it was time to celebrate and eat cake!

Happy Birthday, Seth!





Happy Birthday, Bobo!





The kids thanked everyone for coming, and played a bit while the guests headed home.



After she sent the kids home as well, Maia stopped to give her sisters a quick hug before they had to leave for Shang Simla.



Hamilton stayed to help her clean up leftover cake and the trash from the party, and then they chatted a bit.



“Hamilton, I really appreciate you contacting my sisters and arranging things so I could see them.  That was a wonderful gift you gave me. Thank you,” Maia said.



“I was hoping I did the right thing.  I like seeing you happy.”



Maia looked away shyly. “Then come home with me tonight, and we can see to our mutual happiness,” she flirted.

“I’d love to, Maia, but I can’t.  I’m directing a... covert mission, and I'm heading out early tomorrow. I’m going to be gone for awhile.”



“Oh.  For how long?”

“I suppose I should say that’s classified, but honestly, I’m not sure.”

“Well, then when you get back, I‘m planning on hiring you for an undercover assignment of my own,” Maia said and grinned.



Hamilton laughed. “Alright, but I know how important your task is, so promise me you’ll move ahead with the challenge while I’m gone  if you aren’t already pregnant.”  

Maia agreed, although she desperately wanted him to stay, and she clung to him as they said their goodbyes.



Over the next few weeks, the Lee household settled into a general routine, although there were a few changes.

Maia taught Seth and Bobo how to drive.





She also worked on teaching Xena and Xanaia their toddler skills.











And Shea and Orin brought their IF’s to life.













But Fluffs and Rags were the only new additions to her household, and by now, Maia was certain that she wasn’t pregnant. And since Hamilton had yet to return, it was time for Maia to plan her next move... without him.





Author's note- :(


1 comment:

  1. Aw, she isn't pregnant with his child :c, also I get really sad when you only have twins, having triplets makes the whole process faster, but that's only my opinion, but if you aren't already done with this, how many kids left to have?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! <3