Monday, January 5, 2015

76 - Monte Vista


“You’re getting married in Monte Vista on Tuesday?! When did he propose?”


“Last night!” Maia practically shouted to Joy as she twirled around the dining room that early Monday morning.  “I’m so excited I can hardly wait!”


“Seeing as the wedding is tomorrow, you don’t have much time to wait,” Joy said wryly. “You know, you really haven’t known him for very long...”

“On the contrary, we’ve known one another for years,” Maia interrupted. “And before you say it... yes, we might not have been in contact for most of them, but isn’t getting married what you do when you find your true love? Now that I have him back in my life, why should we wait to make it official?”


“Oh, I don’t know... maybe because you said yourself that something long-term between you and Reid Calder never would’ve worked out?”


“So? I was wrong!  I said that before I knew about the possibility of having a soulmate from a past life whom I could be with now. But the wishing well fairies brought him to me, so we are obviously meant to be together!  And anyway, he’s not just the Reid Calder I knew in Isla Paradiso—deep down, he’s also Samael.”


Joy raised one eyebrow. “Does he know that?”


“Not that he’s said,” Maia admitted.  “But the fact that he already proposed is a good sign that he’s starting to remember the past and who we were to one another, don’t you think?”

“I suppose it’s possible.  But how does he feel about the baby challenge and you having children with other men?”


“Eh... well, I haven’t exactly mentioned that part yet...”

“Maia!”

“I was only waiting to see if he remembered his life as Samael first,” Maia said defensively.  “But I will tell him, and I’m sure he’ll understand! And anyway, I get that you have reservations, but why are you being so negative about this?  Aren't you happy for me?”


"Of course I’m happy for you!  It all just seems so sudden. And really, how many women actually marry their summer flings?”


“Only incredibly lucky women!”


Joy giggled. “Maybe so!  And in that case, I wish you the best... Mrs. Calder.”


“Eeeee!” Maia gleefully hugged her friend. “Mrs. Calder! I love the sound of that!” 


Although she wanted to take the kids along for the wedding ceremony, Maia had decided they should stay at home with Joy and A.C.E instead.  While a family vacation would’ve been fun, Maia was very much looking forward to being alone with her new husband. She had been married once previously but never had a honeymoon, nor had she even been intimate with Charlie Ray Buckshot during their marriage. The weeklong stay in Monte Vista was going to be very different, and hopefully much like the time she had spent with Reid in Isla Paradiso. She definitely didn’t want to deal with cranky toddlers!

So Maia hugged the children goodbye, and then she and her fiance were headed off on their mid-morning flight to Italy.






As soon as they arrived, Maia and Reid rented a quaint little cottage apartment for their stay, and then left to sight-see and take some photos of the countryside.



Monte Vista was gorgeous. The charming villas and ruins were surrounded by a landscape of rolling hills that overlooked the open sea; the scenery was a delight to behold.









On Tuesday, Maia and Reid visited the Al Fresco Street Market, dined at the pizzeria and toured the Museum D’Art.




Even so, no matter where they went, Maia could hardly tear her gaze from Reid.


Later that afternoon, Maia and Reid went to Heaven’s Chapel for their wedding ceremony and exchanged vows.












And afterwards, following an evening of cake and dancing, the newlyweds celebrated their marriage by taking a midnight gondola ride through the canals of the Villa de Amore.


And as lovely as the views were, the best part was that Maia was happily certain that she would soon be able to announce to Reid that they were expecting.

But that didn’t keep her from continuing to enjoy the rest of her wedding night with her husband—not that rest was something either of them got very much of!



Maia and Reid spent the following days together at their rental.





But they did venture out on occasion to take romantic strolls through the Sunlit Stride Park, watch foreign films at the local theater, and picnic at the secluded Venice Beach.




They also spent a day at the Tre Fogli Nectary tasting a variety of nectar vintages, followed by an evening of drinks at the bar, and then a late meal at the Little Corsican Bistro.




On the final day of their honeymoon, Maia and Reid visited the Etruscan Park to attend the local festival that was being held among the ruins.

They enjoyed the festival food and took turns paying for kisses from one another at the kissing booth.




They tried out the Love Tester Machine to test their relationship level, and it rated them Hot Stuff. A second try commented on their burning passion and suggested the two of them should get a room!


And during the final hours of their honeymoon, Maia and Reid slow danced until long after the festival had closed for the night.



All too soon, it was time for their flight home. And although part of Maia wished they could stay in Monte Vista a little longer, she was also eager to get back to her children.  And this time, unlike her visit to Isla Paradiso, she wouldn’t be returning alone.




A few days after the new couple returned from Italy, it was time for the twins to age up.

Happy birthday Chasin!



Happy birthday Cruz!



And then it was time for the triplets’ birthdays as well.

Happy birthday Maddox!



Happy birthday Chance!



Happy birthday Felicity!



Shortly after, the teens brought their IFs Gamble, Bluff and Roulette to life.







Teaching all the teens to drive was so much easier now that Maia had a partner to help out.







But even more wonderful was the day she got to share with Reid that he was going to be a father.



And then Reid pulled her out onto the dance floor on the open balcony. 



As they swayed beneath the stars with their unborn baby snuggled between them, Maia had never felt more blissful.  Her dreams had come true.









10 comments:

  1. No.... I want Reid babies but I want Maia to be with her REAL soulmate... dammit

    Cruz! Punk dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, since there will be Reid babies, you get half of what you want now at least! :P As for the other half, well, there are... complications. You will see! >:)

      Yep, he is! xD

      Delete
  2. I Love how happy Maia is but I don't think Reid is going to be happy with his new wife continuing this challenge, poor Maia. Although i can't wait, These kids are going to be so cute, just like all the kids :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it’s great to see Maia happy right now as well, but you are right; Reid is going to be very unhappy with a number of things. I’m looking forward to seeing their babies too though! And thank you!

      Delete
  3. Gaaaaaahhh! My feelings of apprehension are rising! Oh, Maia! He hasn't 'remembered' that he's Samael yet! (And he's not going to! He's Not!Sam!) And you haven't told him what the challenge requires? 0.0 This is a pending disaster!

    ... but gosh dang it! What a beautiful wedding! Monte Vista all aglow in golden hour, a midnight gondola ride, that super hot smexy honeymoon montage, that hunka-summer-dream-come-true groom. *le sigh* I'm trying very hard not to like Reid. I am still suspicious of him! But... yeah. Ain't no denying that he's pretty. And I am happy that Maia shall be having his pretty babies.

    I love little Cruz's punk look. And now Felicity has her IF to keep her from drowning in a sea of testosterone! Looking forward to the next update... and maybe dreading it just a little bit... but it's a good dread! 0.0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perspective is everything, eh? xD Isn’t knowing something that a character doesn’t extremely frustrating? ;P

      Lolyup, Reid is pretty if I do say so myself... and I do! xD I loved taking all those pix in Monte Vista; I think the screenshot of the bridge is my fave scenic pic and the wedding and honeymoon pix were fun to do too. I understand the suspicion about Reid though; there’s definitely something not right about the whole situation! O_O

      xD Cruz got virtuoso, so that hair was ideal. And yep, Felicity has Roulette now at least! And anticipation + dread = good times! Or at least dramatic ones! >:D

      Delete
    2. You bet plum it is! 0.0 lol, but it's a great frustrating.

      My sincere compliments, he's dreamy! *Need a smiley with heart eyes right here* I like the screenshot of the bridge too! And the ones of Maia and Reid dancing in front of the fountain. All very pretty!

      Awesome! Shall he be a punk rocker? =D And I welcome the drama! Wheeee, drama! >.<

      Delete
    3. Bet plum? Hehe. “Great frustrating” seems like an oxymoron, yet I understand what you mean—I’ve felt that way with many of your cliffhangers! xD

      A heart-eyed smiley would be perfect! And thank you; I liked the dancing shots with the lighthouse behind them along with the auroras in the sky too; it was very difficult not to spam even more wedding pictures!

      I had intended that at first, but since becoming a teen, Cruz developed an interest in the DJ booth and dubstep, so he’s kind of becoming my version of Skrillex instead, lol. And I hope the drama lives up to what I have planned in my head!

      Delete
    4. Yup. Bet plum. I love saying plum. It's my new favorite made-up curse. =D lol, I think cliffhangers are fun! They're even more fun when you know what happens next and nobody else does. Mwahaha!

      I know what you mean about picture spam! Though... I don't think I would've minded more wedding pictures, lol.

      He seems like he makes a good Skrillex, actually. =D He's got the look down at least. =D

      Delete
    5. I should probably used made up curses more, but I don’t . >.< Lol. And yes, cliffhangers are definitely fun—even when they’re frustrating and they make you swear even more, haha.

      Don’t tempt me to spam! I’ll do it! LOL

      There are some similarities between them, which is what gave me the idea. Personality-wise Cruz is Skrillex-like too; he’s a virtuoso genius computer whiz (I forget the other trait). One of my daughters is into dubstep, otherwise I’d know very little about it, lol.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! <3