Thursday, December 25, 2014

75 - Wishing Well

Although her reading with Shravan hadn’t gone as well as she’d hoped, Maia was still determined to go through with her plan to use her lucky coin at the wishing well. Even though she was troubled about the unknowns that could arise, knowing that the fairies would bring Samael to her diminished the few doubts she had. Whatever the price, Maia was certain that having her soulmate in her life would be worth it.

But before she could make her wish, Chasin and Cruz aged up to toddlers.



And so, Maia had her hands full with toddler training again.







By the time she had finished teaching the tots their skills, all the other kids were ready to age up. First, the family celebrated the triplets’ birthdays.

Happy birthday Maddox!




Happy birthday Chance!




Happy birthday Felicity!



And shortly after, the teens aged up and were ready to graduate from high school.

Happy birthday Kieran!




Happy birthday Keegan!




Happy birthday Biscuit!




Happy birthday Boomer!



The four boys graduated with honors and Kieran was named valedictorian.


They were all ready to pursue their schooling and career training:  Kieran in the medical field, Keegan as a firefighter, Biscuit as a chef and Boomer as an inventor and demolitions expert. Maia hugged them all goodbye.


The following day, after the triplets were off to their first day of school, Maia set up Chasin and Cruz to play and bond with their IF dolls, Rumble and Ramble.


Leaving A.C.E. in charge of the tots, Maia finally went to the site of the wishing well.  She was ready to take her first steps on a new path in her life, and had finally made it here—the place where her dream would begin to come true...


Maia stepped up to the well and took a deep breath as she prepared herself to make her wish.  She closed her eyes and thought about Samael and how much she longed for his immediate return.  She focused only slightly on the particulars of his appearance since Shravan mentioned he had looked so different in the scrying crystal. Instead, Maia concentrated on the feelings she had involving the romantic bond and deep connection they had shared in the past. Then she opened her eyes and tossed her lucky coin into the well.


And she waited. Hours passed; day slowly became night, and still nothing happened. Maia was about ready to accept defeat when finally, the well-dwelling fairies appeared!


Moments later, a frog suddenly jumped from the well and leaped straight at her!


Maia somehow caught the slippery frog and stared at it in shocked dismay.


“Oh, come on! Seriously?!”  Maia glared at the shimmering pink fey hovering above the well as she held the slimy creature away from herself.  


She thought she heard the faintest of tinkling giggles and smooching noises in response.  Tricksy pixies! Maia sighed. She probably should have expected this sort of thing from fairies.

Maia contemplated the frog in her hands, wondering if she could actually bring herself to kiss the amphibian, when a thought occurred to her.  Trevor had referred to himself as a frog shortly after he’d given her the lucky coin, and he and Samael, although quite different, did have some physical similarities.  Could he be her Prince after all?


“Trevor? Is... Is that you?” she asked, feeling more than a little silly to be talking to a frog.

“RIBBET!”

“You would say that! Well, I guess there’s only one way to find out...”

Hesitantly, Maia puckered up and kissed the fairy tale frog.


A blinding flash of light erupted and the frog vanished abruptly. And in place of the be-spelled frog, amid a colorful shower of sparkles, stood a man.


“Samael?!”



And it was! The man who had been summoned by the fairies of the well was the same man she had seen in her dreams over and over again. The unparalleled joy she felt was mirrored in his eyes, and though neither spoke, no words were needed.


Slowly, Samael reached for her.


But suddenly, the air rippled strangely.  Maia felt a blast of heat against her face and her vision blurred.  Eyes watering, she blinked repeatedly, attempting to regain her sight.


And when she did, it was no longer her dream version of Samael that stood before her.  Instead, it was...

“REID!”


Of course it was him! She and Reid had had an instant connection from the moment they’d met in Isla Paradiso. Those summer days had truly been paradise for Maia, and it made perfect sense to Maia that Reid was her soulmate, even if Shravan couldn’t explain the whys behind such a phenomenon.  But maybe Reid himself could clarify what happened?

“Maia? What? How did I get here?”  Reid asked.


Well, maybe he needed some time to adjust first. But Maia couldn’t help but ask, “Do you remember who you are?  Do you remember the name Samael?”

Reid gave Maia an odd look and slowly said, “Ye-eaah, I’m Reid Calder and you’re Maia Lee. I don’t think I know a Samael, but... the name is really familiar for some reason.  Now it’s your turn.  Exactly how did I go from a beach in Isla Paradiso to uh, here?”

“I made a wish for my soulmate, and the fairies brought you to me,” Maia answered simply. 



She found it a little strange that he didn’t seem to remember his past life as Samael, but it wasn’t as though Maia had always known about her own past lives either. Maybe now that they were together again Reid would soon begin to remember his previous incarnation too, and she decided she would call him Reid until he did. 

Maia gazed adoringly at him.  While it was true she didn’t know a great deal about Reid, they had the rest of their lives to be together and she would learn. Reid was a gift; her wish come true in the form of the soulmate destiny had perhaps only intended to reward her with once her challenge was complete. But she had circumvented fate, and had him now!

Maia embraced Reid and gave him a passionate kiss. She would never be alone again.


But as they left the well to go home, Maia’s attention was so taken with Reid that she neither noticed the agitated fluttering of the fairies nor did she hear the whisper-soft voices that babbled urgently over the splashing of the water in the well.

“... Sorry...”

“... We tried...”

“... Did our best...”

“... We’re sorry...”

“... So sorry...”


“... Not Sam!”








10 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome update! Love the kids hairstyles and just hope Maia find her real soul mate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I thought the toddlers looked adorable in those hairstyles too, and I was also surprised that they seem to look pretty much identical!

      Yeah, poor Maia believes that Reid is her soulmate and doesn't realize that a switch has been made... yet. Drama is in the offing, mwahaha! >:D

      Delete
  2. WUT?!?!? Not Sam? Why not Sam? WUHEREDIDHEGO?!?!?! Oh no-a-try!

    I'm not entirely sure if I'm happy to see Reid again... he's not!Sam! 0.0 And since he is not!Sam! I am now very suspicious of him! I'm afraid nefarious forces have been interfering in Maia's life again, and even if Reid is not in league with them... his presence is going to mess things up for Maia and her challenge!

    Your forecast was correct... I felt happy and then WTH! 0.0

    Tricksy pixies! I did laugh when they made Maia kiss the frog though. =D

    All the boys (and Felicity! Poor baby's surrounded...) aged up beautifully! Cruz (or Chasin? I think it's Cruz... but only if their pictures appear in their name order) looks like he'll be a little punk with that spiky hairdo!

    Great update overall... even if you have left me reeling. I'll be biting my nails until the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, trust me; there is a reason for why not Sam. Well, don’t actually trust me because I am an evil scheming storyteller, lol, but there is still a very good reason! The whys and wherefores will be coming in Installment 78. >:D

      Nope, Reid is def Not! Sam! Although Maia is certain that he is! O_O And that is true; there are karmic forces at work related to the challenge/prophecy, but whether Reid is involved or merely a pawn remains to be seen... Excitings! xD

      Yep, happy and then wth! O_O SURPRISE! xD

      Lol, I was highly amused by those tricksy pixies too!

      Thanks! And yeah, poor Felicity—surrounded by brothers! Maia often conjures apples with her witch magic, so I’m guessing the reason she’s been having so many boys lately is because she eats them if I don’t get to her soon enough when she’s hungry. I’ll have to watch that better, lol. And yep, the pix of the twins are in name order and Cruz is the one with the spiky punk ‘do. :D

      Aw, don’t damage your manicure over it, lol. And reeling, eh? Because of the fairy part of this chapter, that made me think of Neil Gaiman’s poem, The Fairy Reel.

      http://www.endicott-studio.com/poetrylist/the-fairy-reel-by-neil-gaiman.html

      That poem served as a tiny bit of inspiration when I wrote The Fairy Ring chapter. Anyway, thank you—I’m glad you liked the update! :)

      Delete
    2. Lol, no I don't trust you! lolz. But I shall wait in eager anticipation for Installment 78!

      lol, gotta watch out for that! Maia needs to have more beautiful daughters! I love the spiky punk 'do!

      Too late... manicure damaged. 0.0 Lol, Neil Gaiman! Haven't read much Neil Gaiman yet, but I feel like I should've figured the Fairy Ring chapter was partially inspired by a poem by Neil Gaiman. It's fun to know where you get some of your ideas! Dem tricksy pixies!

      Delete
    3. Hehe, smart kitten! xD And 78 should definitely be interesting; it’s a crucial one for this plot and I’m excited to reveal some secrets in it! But first I must get all the screenshots for 77; that one might have a surprise or two as well. :D

      Yeah, no more sneaking apples, Maia! Lol. Hopefully she’ll have some more daughters soon. And I like the spiky punk ‘do too. :)

      Better fix it then, kittehs need their claws, lol. Well, I haven’t read a lot of Neil Gaiman, but I do like what I have read. Most of the Fairy Ring was based on general legends involving fairies abducting humans, but my fave part about that fairy reel poem was the bit about the violin; that’s why I had one of the fairies playing one as the rest danced about. But yes, dem tricksy pixies tho’! xD

      Delete
    4. I iz a smart kitten! =D

      Then I shall look forward to installment 77 as well! The suspense is eating me up!

      lol, yes they do! (Speaking of which... I should probably trim my kitten's claws... His kneading is getting kinda painful.) Neil Gaiman is one of those author who's been on my to-read list for forever, but I think I've only read a few short stories and poems. Ooh! I did love the fairy playing the violin! That really lended to the whole atmosphere of the piece!

      Delete
    5. I know it! xD

      Yays! Still working on getting all the pix for I need for #77, but I should hopefully get it done this weekend before you’re eaten all up! O_O

      Good idea—trim kitty’s claws instead of chewing on your own, haha. Yeah, there are so many things to read and not always enough time to do it; I have a lot of authors and particular books on my to-read list too. And thanks, I was trying for a very mystical atmosphere for that chapter—at least until the Delling brothers showed up! xD That screenshot of them finding Maia with Parker kills me every time, lol.

      Delete
    6. Bahaha... Both installments were all the revelations and sweet drama promised. And I look forward to more!

      It'll be my new nervous habit. And I bet kitty will love it! (No he won't. lolz) Yeah, my dad used to have a shirt that said, "So many books, so little time." Every book-lover's dilemma.

      I love that screenshot too! Their expressions are just too perfect. =D

      Delete
    7. Thank you! :D And there definitely will be more surprises to come!

      Yeah, I don’t think he would like it either. LOL. And I need a shirt like that!

      For all that I plan a lot of what I want my screenshots to look like, sometimes those perfect unplanned shots just happen! xD

      Delete

Thanks for reading! <3